Friday, May 23, 2008

Feeling much better!

After a huge meltdown that controlled most of me and blurred my perspective, I'm back to normal and feeling positive. Yeah, there are still things that are worrying me but that is normal. I'm going to continue to be nervous about selling the house. I still have butterflies about my new job (which is going great so far) but I'm not going to second-guess any of the decisions that we've made. The future is going to be what it will be and that is fine by me! We have a ton of options at this point and I'm not going to rule anything out.

I started my new job on Wednesday and I really like it so far. I had a rough couple of days but I think it was just nervousness mixed with some inexperience working with Microsoft Access. It is now Friday and I have a long weekend to look forward to. The new job is going to be very demanding but that is what I was looking for. I wanted to put my education and experience to good use and try to make some money at the same time. My boss, JR, is a really nice guy and he has a pretty good sense of humor which makes it a bit easier. Yes, he is demanding but that is his job. He is a Sr. Vice President after all. I've met many of the people that work for him and they all seem pretty friendly. I'll be working with them on a regular basis with all of the different projects that JR has for me. I have a nice new Dell laptop that they've given me to use and once I get in the swing of things I'm sure I'll be very busy. I'm actually bored right now so I figured I would write a blog. I have two projects that JR has asked me to work on but both of them are in other people's hands right now and I don't seem to have anything that I can do now.

Aidan and Amanda are down at "grumpa's house." My dad thought that grumpa was more appropriate so we went with it. My mom normally watches the kids but she and Oscar went to Oklahoma for a family reunion this weekend. They left very early this morning so Jon and I got the kids out of the house at 6:30 so that we could make it to work. Now I see what it will be like having to get them ready for daycare in the future. It all seemed a bit hectic but it really wasn't too bad. I got most of their stuff pulled together last night and we just had to potty, dress and leave this morning. The hardest part was getting myself ready for work which coordinating all of the activities going on this morning. Aidan was a bit cranky when he woke up since he is not used to being woken in the morning. He stayed cranky until we were almost at my dad's. That was when they traded places and Aidan was happy and Amanda got a bit cranky. She didn't want to go inside and she stood on the sidewalk crying.

After avoiding a near meltdown we were able to get them situated so I could get to work. I hope that the day is good for all of them. It has been a rough couple of days for Dad and Linda. My father had a cardiac procedure done on Wednesday and the doctors determined that not only had he recently had a heart attack (which he had no knowledge of) he needs to have triple bypass surgery. Dad is his normal positive self and treating the whole thing like a bad hangnail. Linda seems to be pretty upset about the whole thing. I told Linda that my dad is tough and he'll get through this just to be able to torment her for as long as she lets him! I know my dad. I'm nervous but optimistic. Bypass surgery is quite common these days.

Other than that, Jon has been working a ton these past few weeks. He had 16.5 hours of overtime just last week. Yesterday he didn't get home until after 9 and he was incredibly exhausted. I can only imagine what he is going through. He really seems to enjoy the job.

We're looking forward to a nice relaxing long weekend where we can just hangout and do whatever we'd like. We don't have any official plans and there are a lot of different things we can do if we want. It is really nice to have options but no commitments. Since mom and Oscar are away, we have the entire house to ourselves. Yippee!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am so glad to hear that the new job is going well and you are right--challenge is exactly what you need. You will thrive with all that activity!

Hopefully you and Jon and the kids can get some relaxing in this weekend, especially after all that OT he has put in.