Monday, April 7, 2008

The interview looms

The interview for the auditor position is tomorrow. It was supposed to be next Tuesday. That would have given me an opportunity to find a comfort zone. The HR recruiter called this morning. I guess I should first back up to the beginning, Friday. I received the call I mentioned in the last post. I called back and left a message for the recruiter, Erica. Erica finally called me back late in the afternoon. Fortunately the kids were down for a nap and I had a few minutes to chat. It was a great conversation and it sounded like Erica was really impressed with my resume. She mentioned that the position has up to 20% travel (which I knew from the website) and asked if I would be OK with that. I said yes but I knew that I wasn't sure if I was OK with that. I wanted to have an opportunity to think about it more and I didn't want to put them off on that immediately. The conversation continued and she finally said that she was eager to bring me in to meet with the hiring manager, the vice president of finance. Gulp. I'm getting really nervous. she followed by saying that the manager would be out of the office this week and asked if I could come in on the following Tuesday. That would be great. That would give me a chance to talk to Jon and think over the options.

Fast forward to this morning. Mom and I are just getting ready to walk out the door to take the kids to the mall and the phone rings. Guess who? Pretty easy to guess. It was Susan the recruiter. She said that the manager was not out of the office this week and wants to meet with me tomorrow if that is OK. I said "sure, thats great!" Aaagh! I'm not emotionally ready for this. Why am I such a freak? Can I live up to my own expectations? Can I do the job and handle the travel? I wanted to see what other opportunites are available before this. I don't know if they're going ot offer me the job or not. I'm over analyzing this to death. I wonder if the job has been listed for a long time because they can't get anyone to take it. That brings me to my woes where I said to myself "they only want me because they've run out of options." I hate doing that to myself but it comes out of habit and I can't stop byself. Do other people feel this type of insecurity?

Oh well, the time has come... I should go to sleep so that I can get up early to go to my interview. 9:00 is going to come before I know it. Wish me luck. I need it :)

No comments: