Thursday, April 3, 2008

Jon's first day

Jon loved his first day at work. He seems so excited about the opportunities available to him. He thought that he was going to be in over his head since he doesn't know how they do things around here and he definitely navigationally challenged. I ordered a GPS system for him yesterday and I hope that it helps him feel more comfortable. His first day could have been considered a day and a half since he worked over 12 hours! He came home in a good mood and hungry so that is a great start. His second day (yesterday) was just as good and he didn't have to work 12 hours again. They did a smaller job at a local restaurant/banquet hall and he came home with a positive attitude.

I had a meeting with a recruiter yesterday in Rye, NY which is about 1.5 hours from here. It was a good meeting and the recruiter seemed impressed with my resume and experience. He said that he was going to meet with his boss and see if they have any contacts who are looking for a person like me! He said that he would call early next week so that is promising.

This morning I woke up bright and early with the kids and it is another rainy day. We had a good morning and I called a good friend of mine, Erica, in Colorado. It was great talking to her and the conversation made me excited for the prospects for the future.

Apparently right after we got off the phone, I received a call that I didn't hear. I just checked my phone and noticed that I had a voicemail. The message was from a woman regarding a resume that I submitted to a company for an accounting position. She wasn't calling about the accounting job but rather a different job as an internal auditor. I immediately called her back but I got voice mail. I left a message and went to the internet to see if I could find the job posting for the audit position. I found the info and all I can say is WOW! I'm not going to get worked up because I don't know all of the details and if they'd even hire me but it sounds like a really interesting position. I won't bore with the details but it would be involved with identifying process weaknesses, reviewing financial statements and reporting, and working with senior management on different financial concerns. Boring stuff for most people, but excitement for me. It also listed that there might be a small amount of travel involved for a bunch of different things like seminars, meetings and training. I know, I know, too much excitement for something I haven't even discussed with the hiring manager yet. I guess it just reminds me that I have skills and education that someone actually might want in an employee! I had applied for staff accountant and they call me for internal auditor!

Oh well, I just needed to get some of that out of my system. I'm on cloud 9 and just happy with life at the moment. Happy Friday!

No comments: