Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trying to "stay the course"

After my long rambling post the other day, I've had a chance to go back, reread what I wrote and reflect. Sounds so much more intellectual than it really was. I didn't do any job searching yesterday. I made a few phone calls today but that was it. I need a couple of days to see if anything develops. I have other priorities.

Amanda has been running a pretty high fever the past few days. It topped out at 103.9 last night and scared the crap out of me. I know that kids can run high fevers but there wasn't any other symptoms. She threw up yesterday afternoon which was a shock to me. We had gone to the park and played outside for a few hours so I thought she was just hot from being outside. She was slightly lethargic but she insisted that she was fine. When she threw up it was shocking and I thought she was just hyperventilating again. She did that a few weeks ago when she was upset. She hasn't thrown up since yesterday afternoon but the fever continues. I tried to keep her laying low today.

Grandma took Aidan outside this afternoon to ride his tricycle. He really enjoys himself and he is getting better every day. He did have a couple of minor crashes today. His first crash was on the tricycle and he skinned his knee. He cried for a couple of minutes but he calmed down pretty quickly and wanted to play more. After riding the bike for a while, he switched to playing with his dumptruck. He was having a blast and then the truck got away from him and he fell on the other knee. Yup, double bloody knees. He was a real trooper and showed everyone his knees all evening.

Oh well, I'm going to rate this a decent day and I'm going to go watch Law & Order.

1 comment:

ErinM said...

I hope Amanda's feeling better now, and that Aidan's knees are healing.

As far as feeling overwhelmed, I get it. Completely. Different circumstances, but I really completely get it. If you ever just need to talk, let me know.

Also, let me know if you don't want people reading--I actually have a personal blog that I don't give out the address to, along with my public one, and I know that I could never be that open with one that people I know were reading. I promise not to get offended!